Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Moon

The moon was nothing more than a sliver tonight, and I wanted to see what a 400mm zoom really could do.



Date: 04/06/2011
Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Lens: EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Exposure: Manual
ISO: 800
Shutter: 1/160 sec
Aperture: F/5.6
Focal Length: 400mm 


I was thrilled with the lens!!  I took the pics in RAW+JPG format.  I have been trying to get into using RAW more, but I have the bad habit of picking up my camera and just firing away (and since I was just in JPG mode, I forget about the RAW).  Once downloaded I quickly scanned through the JPG files, deleted the bad files, and then played in Photoshop RAW editor to set White-balance and crop out the black around the moon.

I really was blown away by the detail of the moon that was picked up!  I'm looking forward to a full moon and hopefully a clear night to try it again.  Maybe I do need to look at that 2X extender...... 0:)

No comments:

Post a Comment