Friday, April 8, 2011

In a Child's Eye

My brother and sister-in-law came down to my parents for the weekend.  We of course went up for dinner and the evening of entertainment by Dakota and Mason!


Date: 04/08/2011
Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Lens: EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Exposure: Program
ISO: 800
Shutter: 1/30 sec
Aperture: F/2.8
Focal Length: 100mm 

Again, I take pictures to learn.  I found out tonight, the Macro lens is NOT (I repeat NOT) for taking pictures of moving children.  Focus takes way to long, that as soon as it is in focus, they have moved and the pictures was a blur.

The good news, is that Dakota finally settled down when it was time for her "buba" in Grandma's arms.  She was still enough then for me to use the macro, and get a picture of her eye (singular, I couldn't bump up the aperture to get a better field of depth, without decreasing the shutter to the point where everything was blurry).  I could see a light reflecting, but it really wasn't until I got home and pulled the photo open that you can make out the entire dinning room light in her eye.  I didn't realize I was still in ISO 800, but the photo looked clean regardless....


In photoshop I cropped the eye closer (since I had blurry face to both left and right of the eye), and tweaked the white-balance since I took it in RAW.

No comments:

Post a Comment